Holidays are here and I like many of you will be taking more pictures on my phone. If it is not my phone it is our Canon Digital SLR Camera.
These pictures will be of the kids, the family and places we have visited together. Basically, precious moments that I would like to keep.
Before kids I took pictures of my cat, yes, I had hundreds of pictures of my beloved cat (and now I have hundreds if not thousands of pictures of the kids). It doesn’t matter what you pictures you take if they are important to you, you need to protect them.
So what would happen if I lost my phone? Or if I never backed up my data (images, videos and contacts)?
If I lost everything I would be a mess, crying and just upset and the world. Mainly I would be upset at myself. I would be upset with the fact that I put off backing up my data.
Western Digital have a few products that families will love and of course make storing all your memories, plus sharing data super simple too.
A few that I have been trialling are:
My Cloud Home
This super stylish storage drive is very easy to use. All you do is plug it in, set up and get started. Basically, plug and play.
The process I went through:
– Unpack My Cloud Home
– Make sure that you plug it in and also plug in internet cable to the My Cloud Home device and your home computer.
– The My Cloud Home came with a code to enter to verify your device.
– Once your device has been verified you then need to set up your My Cloud Home account.
– To set up your account, you just need your name, email address and so on.
– Once complete you install the desktop app and then can add other items to your My Cloud Home
– You have the ability to add other users to the device so that they can store their data too. Each user will have a unique login to use for the My Cloud Home. This way each persons data will be separate and secure.
– You can also have folders on your computer automatically synced to the My Cloud Home. All you need to do once all the above is done is to right click on the folder you wish to back up and choose the “Sync to My Cloud” option. This means that any time you add any new image or video into this folder it will be copied to the My Cloud Home drive/drives.
My Cloud Home means that you don’t have to have a technical degree or be a tech guru to use it. It is made for anyone at home that needs storage.
This storage device can be accessed anywhere as long as you have internet access. You can have a movie, image or something important that you wish to access and now it can be easily done.
All you need to do is to sign into the My Cloud Home sign in page. This page can be accessed just using a browser window (see below image) You could be on holiday in Italy, or maybe on the other side of Australia, you can still access your home storage. How amazing is this!
Having a My Cloud Duo means that your data is saved twice. It is copied to two drives to ensure that you have got your moments saved.
Through the app you can easily search your content to find the item you are after. This is great if you have a few things saved on your My Home Cloud.
My Cloud Home has great services available. One that is a great one to install is Plex. Plex allows you to stream your movies, TV shows, music and photos from home and anywhere you are. Once the Plex app is installed on your My Cloud Home you can stream your media as long as the other devices has Plex installed too.
As mentioned above, you can add a user to your My Cloud Home Duo. Each new user will get their own space to store their personal data. To share the My Cloud, just add an email address to your family member or friend (see image below). They will get an email and be able to setup an account to remotely access the device. Super easy again.
My Cloud Home is available in Single Drive and Dual Drives.
Capacity is from 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 12TB, and 16TB.
Prices vary depending on drive capacities.
Just to give you an idea you can purchase a 4TB My Cloud Home Duo costs $485 from Harris Technology.
Or you can pick a single 4TB My Cloud Home for $359.00 from Officeworks. Officeworks has afterpay, yep this will make it easier if you wish to snap up a My Home Cloud for you or maybe a gift for a loved one.
My thoughts on the My Cloud Home Duo
- I love how easy it is it to setup and start using
- It is stylish and can fit in anywhere and to any home.
- Love the fact that you can have web access wherever you are and the ability to share with other family members.
- I now have peace of mind that my data is backed up and I will not cry if something bad happens to my desktop computer. Maybe I will but at least my data will be saved.
SanDisk iXPAND BASE
The SanDisk iXPand Base is another great product and one that I love. I now have a fully charged phone due to the SanDisk IxPand Base. This product is currently just for the iPhone, maybe soon it will be for other phones too.
Before I had this at home I was always forgetting to charge my iPhone. Silly I know but it did happen.
Now the SanDisk iXPand Base is next to my bed. I put plug it in to charge my phone before I go to bed, but it does more than just charging the battery.
- It charges my phone while I sleep
- While it charges the SanDisk iXPand Bas backs up my photos and also my contacts.
- If I ever have to replace my phone the SanDisk iXPand Base will add all my contacts and data to my new phone.
Simple and easy to use, and it is all done while I’m sleeping… I love getting things done while I am sleeping.
The cable for the iPhone is neatly tucked under the device so the cords don’t cause an issue.
You need to download the iXpand Sync application from the App Store. Make sure to read the Getting Started with SanDisk iXpand Base
The SanDisk iXPand Base for iPhone is available in 256GB, 128GB, 64GB and 32GB.
You can purchase the SanDisk iXPand Base at the following stores: Ebay.com.au for $89.95 with free shipping for a 32GB iXPand Base, and also via Fruugo Australia at $109.00 + $21.92 Standard Shipping. This is for a 32GB option.
You can also purchase via the SanDisk website.
Also you can search where to buy in Australia on the SanDisk Website if others don’t have what you need.
My thoughts on the SanDisk iXPand Base for iPhone:
- Easy and quick to use.
- Makes me back up my phone
- Makes it easy to have a phone that is charged up and ready to use.
- Perfect gift for anyone that needs to have a phone with them at all times.
SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
This is a super amazing wireless flash drive allows you to share your data without even plugging it in. Yep it is so easy.
I used this when we recently stayed in the city with the kids. The girls wanted to have a movie and our iPad didn’t have enough room to save this file. I thought, I had the perfect solution.
The SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick was recently given to me and this was the perfect opportunity to test it out.
So what do you do to make it all work?
- Once you unpack your Connect Wireless Stick you need to make sure it is fully charged. This could take up to 2 hours. It is charged by putting the stick into a USB port into your computer. You cannot charge it via a USB cable.
- Download the SanDisk Connect App. You can get an app for Apple products, Android devices and also on Kindle via Amazon.
- Turn on the Wireless Stick
- Connect the Wireless Stick to the Wi-Fi Network , you should see the unique code in the list of Wi-Fi Networks to choose from. It should look something like this: “SanDisk Connect ######”
- You can also go to the mobile app via a browser – www.sandiskc.om/myconnect
- Once the SanDisk Wireless Stick is all setup and plugged into your device you can copy the data you wish to put on your flash drive.
- You can download the getting started guide for the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick for more info.
I did the above setup and put on a film the twins wanted to see and some Shawn the Sheep for our baby boy. It worked a treat and the girls were able to watch their movie on the iPad that was being wirelessly transmitted from the SanDisk Wireless Stick.
It was amazing and I will make sure to use this next time we travel with the kids. It really helped make sure that they were happy and in turn so were we.
This amazing flash drive is available in various different capacities. You can get them in 256GB, 200GB, 128GB, 64GB, 32GB, and 16GB. The different capacities will vary on cost.
The SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is available in many stores across Australia. Some are Bing Lee, Camera House of Australia, JB HiFi, Good Guys, Harvey Norman, OfficeWorks and much more.
You can check out the where to buy on the SanDisk Website.
16GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is available at OfficeWorks for $79.00, again you have the option of afterpay.
32GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick can be also purchased at OfficeWorks for $99.00, and yes there is afterpay.
A BIG thank you to Western Digital for allowing me to test out these amazing home storage products.
I love sharing great products with my readers that will help them and make their life a little easier. These products are very easy to use and will protect your much precious and cherished memories.
It is hard when everything is digital and you need to make more room on your phone for more photos…. yes I have done this and I panic when I am backing up. Using My Home Cloud, and also the SanDisk ixPand Base will mean that my photos and contacts on my phone are protected and also my important data from my desktop is protected and saved.
Make sure you are backing up your digital data. It could be a hard drive crash, or your phone gets lost or stolen or maybe even damaged. If this happens you still have the data.
Sign up to my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up to my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.
What do you think?