I’m a huge fan of the show Ted Lasso.
It is funny, has a nice message and is an interesting story of a man who is starting again in a new country.
The show is on Apple TV and is currently in season 2.
On the show, Ted Lasso brings biscuits to his boss to make a good first impression. The boss, Rebecca is taken with the biscuits and has no idea that Ted actually makes them. In other episodes, she calls around bakeries to see if they stock these exact biscuits.
- 1 and half cups of flour
- Half a cup of almond flour
- Half a cup of sugar
- 1 lemon – juice and rind
- 220 grams of butter
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Make sure to have your oven on for 180°C or 350°F
- Add flour, almond flour and salt into a bowl or food mixer to combine all together
- Add the butter and vanilla until it is looking like breadcrumbs
- Add the the lemon juice and lemon rind, you might need a little extra flour to make sure it is not that sticky
- Butter or oil a square pan and press the mixture down so that is all flat
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes or until it is golden brown (so could be less depending on your oven)
- I made sure to check in around the 25-30min mark and it did need a little extra as the addition of the lemon juice made the mixture a little bit wetter and dense.
- Cool down the pan and then put on a cutting board to cut into fingers
- Now the biscuits are ready to serve and enjoy.
If you would like to have a pink biscuit box like I have in my pictures, I downloaded the printable from Salt Harvest Creatives. Just remember to print the page double-sided.
Post Feast Review
I did think that the biscuits are more like shortbread. I think next time I make these I will use a traditional shortbread recipe and add a few tweaks to see what will work, adding lime, more lemon rind, orange zest, or maybe chocolate drops (dark chocolate of course)
A friend said that he made it before and thought it needed something and that is why he strongly suggested that I add lemon – he did so and thought it made a huge difference. I made this recipe with lemon and haven’t tried it without but as it is basically just a shortbread recipe I can see that it might need something else to make to take it to another level.
I do wonder if there is a way to limit the amount of butter in this recipe…maybe it will take a few experiments to see if adding less still gives you the desired biscuit result.
Would I make this again?
Yes, I would. It was a nice biscuit but I would love to play with different tastes and ingredients and limiting the amount of butter as well.
Sign up for my newsletter
Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening. Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One.