This time next week the family and I will be at the launch party for Penguin Expedition at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium.
We are so excited to see the King and Gentoo Penguins, experience arctic temperatures, learn more about the penguins and just have fun being immersed in all things penguin, oh and plus my little explorers are looking forward to possible surprises and treats at the party.
While we are at the party we will be able to learn more with penguin trainers giving us detailed talks to help us understand more about their habitats and the lives of penguins.
First of all, once you pay to enter the aquarium you can access the Penguin expedition. No more to pay. Also this is the same for multi-attraction passes and annual passes.
What can you do at the Penguin Expedition?
Penguin Expedition was inspired by Macquarie Island which is an Australian owned island in the South West Pacific Ocean. King and Gentoo Penguins are found on Macquarie Island, they breed here and have large numbers. The island is important because it supports 3.5 million breeding seabirds of 13 species according to Wikipedia.
- You become an explorer no matter what your age.
- Each person can travel in a raft through a sub antarctic environment. Don’t worry it will not be too cold. They say that it is “a cool-but-comfortable six degrees Celsius.”
- During your voyage on the raft you can get up close with the penguins…maybe face to flipper if you are lucky.
- You can even experience snow, winds and the southern lights.
- The tour also seeks to educate visitors on the impacts of plastic pollution on the habitats of penguins and other sea life.
- Learn about SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium’s penguin breeding program
“Penguin Expedition is the world first-of-its kind penguin exhibit where guests can get up close and personal to a spectacular colony of King and Gentoo Penguins at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium.”
Make sure you follow me on Instagram , I will be posting about our time at the Penguin Expedition Launch Party and our time while in the city.
Taking the kids to the aquarium during the school holidays is a fabulous day out. They will learn so much and you can then explore the surrounds of Darling Harbour afterwards. Darling Harbour has an amazing children’s playground that can keep kids of all ages entertained for hours.
Have you been to the Penguin Expedition yet? Did you enjoy the new ride through the penguin colonies? Did your kids love seeing penguins up so close?
I hope this has given you another idea to take the kids to over the school holidays.
Oh and stay tuned for some amazing giveaways soon on the blog…..passes to some great places to take the kids this summer.