This was to celebrate Chinese New Year but can be made at any time.
This is a fast and quick recipe to make, it is also healthy and also very yummy.
- 500 grams of chicken/pork/beef/turkey (It does not matter what type of mince you choose it is up to you and what you like)
- I brown onion
- 2 Spanish onions
- 3 large mushrooms
- A cup full of bok choy
- Half a cup of diced cucumber
- 2 grated carrots
- Soy Sauce
- A teaspoon of garlic paste
- A couple of squirts of lime juice
You can add what ever vegetables that you would like. Bean shoots, oyster sauce, water chestnuts, and chilli flakes. I did not add these as I made it for the kids. I’m going to add the chilli for my meal.
Even though it was missing the other sauces and chilli, it was very tasty and moreish.
- Chop up all the vegetables
- Wash the lettuce so that you can get some nice lettuce cups
- Cook the mince and then add the vegetables to the pan.
- Serve the mixture into a lettuce cup and eat!
I have not mastered getting enough lettuce bowls out of a head of lettuce. This is a skill that I need to learn. Do you know a trick to ensure you get more than 3 or 4? Are yours a perfect size and shape. Mine looked a little straggly but tasted wonderful!
What do you think?