Creating Marble Easter Eggs is fun and you get pretty eggs. It is also a fun project to do with the kids this Easter.
What Do you Need to Marble Dye Easter Eggs?
- Eggs (this is pretty essential, you will need eggs to have an Easter Egg)
- Food Colouring
- Vinegar (for dying the eggs in the fizzy solution)
- Bicarbonate Soda (for dying the eggs in the Fizzy solution)
- Hard Boil your eggs – If you would rather you can blow out the eggs so that you don’t need to boil them and the eggs will be preserved. I used boiled eggs.
- Cool down the eggs so they are not hot
- Dye the eggs with an overall colour first. You can do this by using my Fizzy Dyed Eggs project
- We dyed ours with the fizzy method
- Fill a bowl with water and a tablespoon of oil and another colour food colour. We did this for a bit and then also added the food colouring directly to the egg.
- Dry off with paper towels after you are finished.
This might not be the way many do this but it worked for us. Give it a go and see what different patterns and differently dyed eggs you can create.
We noticed that some were not holding the colour so adding the dye straight onto the egg helped.
Sign up for my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One. Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.