I was sent a Philips Airfryer XXL to test out. Read on to learn how to cook hot chips and lamb chops & veggies in the airfryer.
Insert happy dance here. I do like getting lovely presents that can help the family, and especially me.
A big and huge thank you to Philips for this amazing gift.
So what is an airfryer?
Twin TurboStar technology combines with 2225 watts of power for effective fat removal. A ‘tornado’ of hot air melts away fat — capturing it all in the bottom of the Airfryer XXL for easy disposal. *Based on the fat content of chicken and pork compared to deep-fat frying and wok frying. The airfryer circulates hot air at high speed, and in turn, cooks the food. Food is crispy outside and tender on the inside. The Philips Airfryer can grill, fry, bake and roast.
How to make chips in the Philips Airfyer XXL
You might be surprised that making hot chips is rather simple. Ingredients:
- 6 potatoes
- Oil of choice
Preparation time: 30 minutes, this includes cutting up potatoes and soaking the chips for 20 minutes.
- I cut up 6 potatoes. I like to keep the skin on and therefore just washed them to take the excess dirt of them.
- Once cut up they had to be soaked in water for 20mins.
- After they have had their 20min bath, the chips need to be dried. You can either use a tea towel or a paper towel. I chose to use a tea towel.
- Put the chips in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Mix the oil around so that all the chips get coated in the oil.
- Put all the chips in the airfyer basket. Make sure to do this by hand and to not tip them from the bowl into the tray. The airfyer does not like oil spilled in the try and therefore might have a negative outcome for the chips and machine if you do this.
- Once in the basket, the chips are ready to be cooked.
- Select the chips preset, make sure it on for 180 degrees Celsius and select 25 minutes for the cooking time.
- At various times throughout cooking the chips stop the airfyer and move the chips around. This makes sure that they are all cooking well.
- You will see the different times that you stop and stir the chips just how fast they are cooking.
- Once all cooked, you can now enjoy yummy and healthy hot chips.
Lamb Chops and Vegetables cooked with the Airfryer
Hubby decided he wanted to have a go of the new airfryer. He cooked the below meal and found the airfryer so easy to use.
- 4 Lamb Chops
- Rosemary and mint for marinade
- 2 Carrots finely chopped
- 2 Potatoes finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Rice to serve. Hubby used the quick microwave rice that takes 9o seconds to cook. You can make your own or do the quick way like we did. (the actual recipe suggested mash potato but since we added potato to the vegetables we decided to use rice instead)
Preparation time is roughly about 3 and half hours. This is taking into account the 3 hours time for the lamb chops to marinade and prep time for the vegetables. Cooking time is about 8 mins. 2 mins to sear the chops and then 6 more minutes to cook the vegetables with the chops. Method:
- Marinade chops with mint and rosemary for 3 hours. You can cut the mint and rosemary into fine pieces or zap it as a paste in a mixer.
- Once the meat is fully marinated then you can get ready to organise the other ingredients.
- Cut up the carrot and potatoes into fine cubes. Note: You can use different vegetables if you like, it is up to you.
- Soak the carrot and potatoes in water for 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly before adding to the airfryer pan.
- Add the oil to the airfryer pan and move around to coat the bottom of the pan. This way it will allow your chops to not stick.
- Heat the airfryer to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put the lamb chops in the air fryer to sear. This is only for 2 minutes.
- Take out the lamb chops and set aside for a second.
- Put in the vegetables on the bottom of the airfryer pan, then add the lamb chops on top of the vegetables.
- Cook again at 200 degrees Celcius for another 6 minutes.
- Now it is cooked you can make the rice. If you are using the quick and easy method of microwave rice it will only take you 9o seconds. We used Sunrice’s Rice & Quinoa
- Now all done, you can enjoy your yummy meal.
Recipes for the Philips Airfyer XXL
Sign up to my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up to my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.