I used the ANZAC Biscuit recipe from the Wiki Cookbook – ANZAC Biscuits, however, if you wish to do the more traditional method it is available from The Australian War Memorial Recipe for ANZAC Biscuits
- 2 cups plain (non-self raising) flour
- 1 cup white or brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup (cane syrup) or honey
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 cups rolled or instant oats
- 225 grams butter or margarine
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, and melt the syrup and butter in a saucepan. Add the baking soda and water to the syrup mix.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients, adding water if necessary.
- Separate and roll the mixture into small balls, and flatten them on oven trays.
- Bake at 150°C (300°F) for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
The finished biscuits are quite chewy and crisp, and have a long shelf-life.
Did you make ANZAC Biscuits? Were they yummy? Did you make heaps? I have a huge box of them and I think they will be treats in lunches for weeks to come.
Kylie TApril 29, 2018
Wonderful, thanks for the post.
Suzanne RobinsonApril 29, 2018
Thanks so much Kylie. I’m glad you loved the recipe. Suzanne