A yummy cake for afternoon tea is always the best.
It doesn’t matter what it is for as long as it is yummy and also quick to make.
This airfryer cake is exactly what you need and it is indeed extremely quick to bake!
I was looking online for something different to give people rather than the traditional fruit cake. I love orange and poppy seed and thought it would make a nice gift.
After looking online, I came across this recipe from BakerbyNature.com and had to give it a go.
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt (I didn’t have Greek yoghurt and used Jalna Vanilla Yoghurt)
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large organic orange, zested and juiced; divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup olive oil
- In the original, by Baker by Nature, it wanted to separate all ingredients and then add them with the wet and combine after having the orange be fragrant with the sugar.
- I started off with the sugar and added the orange zest and then added all ingredients in one bowl.
- Grease a pan and then pour in your cake mixture.
- If you are making it in an oven you need it to be on about 180°C
- The original recipe was from America and therefore had the temperature at 350 °F which equates to 176°C.
- The timing of cooking this cake was listed at 50-55 minutes. Check if the top of the cake is golden and if your cake tester (skewer or knife like I use) comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- I cooked this cake in the airfryer. It was on for 180°C for 28 minutes and it came out perfect.
I did my own version of the icing and added more orange to make it really pack a punch of orange.
- 1 cup and half of icing sugar
- 2 oranges using the zest and juice as well
- Mix together and then you have some wonderfully orange icing
Wait for the cake to cool before icing and if you are gifting it is a good idea to ice the cake before gifting.
Serve with ice cream or cream if you wish, or just have the cake while warm on its own.
This cake is perfect to slice up and gift in a hamper or make for a special occasion. Stay tuned for more fab recipes in the Philips XXL Airfryer.
Sign up for my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One. Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.