Have you been wondering where to take the kids with the lead up to Christmas? Need somewhere fun for them to just be kids? Well I have the answer for you!
Here are 3 great things to do in December:
Get Grubby with DirtGirl – World Soil Day
When and what time: December 5th. 8am to 11am
Where is the event: Behind the Centennial Parklands Education Precinct- Kids can be involved in the Great Mud Pie Bake Off. Help break the record for the most amount of mud pies made in one day.
– Make sure to wear grubby clothes, bring wooden spoons and anything that you would love to help you make your mud pies.
– Meet Scrapboy and DirtGirl
– THIS IS A FREE EVENT!!!
– If you can’t join us at the parklands – make your mud pies at home,find us on Instagram @dirtgirlworld and upload your pics with #mudpiebakeoff to be in the running for amazing eco prizes from the following green businesses – Twigz, Worm Tech, Eco Toys, Dickers Gardens, Eco Kids Organics, Byron Herb Nursery and Nature’s Child.
See a sneak peak of Costa’s music video clip for World Soil Day!
2. Sydney Santa Spectacular
Dates: 6th of Dec – 30th Dec 2015
Where is the event: Rosehill Gardens
Cost: Family Ticket $140 is for 2 adults and 2 kids from 2 yrs to 16 yrs.
What is included in the ticket price:
- Your ticket gives you access to the Gorgeous and Interactive, walk-through the Enchanted Snow Forest – where snow falls daily…
- The Interactive attractions includes –
- Festive Fairground Amusement Rides
- Gingerbread Decorating
- Little Elves Craft Workshop
- Snow World Ice Skating
- Taboggan Snow Slide
- Build a Snowman
- Free Small Gift from Santa
- Christmas Fairy Reading Time
- Roaming Meet and Greet Characters
- Stage Entertainment
- and much much more ..
Learn more about the activities at Sydney Santa Spectacular here
3. Christmas Lights Spectacular
When: 8th Nov 2015 – 26th January 2016
Times: 6.30pm – 10:00pm (Lights Display starts at 7.30pm)
Closed 25th December
Where: Hunter Valley Gardens
Costs: Family ticket for 2 adults and 2 kids night only $85.00 More costs avail here
Children (4-15 yrs) $22
Children 3 yrs & under FREE
Family (2 Adults + 2 Child) $85
Day + Night passes available
The lights are back for the 9th year running. This year it is going to be bigger and better. There are new displays including:
- The Fairy Garden
- The Music Room with instruments and musical note displays
- Santa’s Plane
- Pink Unicorn
- Cinderella’s Castle
- Alice in Wonderland
- The North Pole Scene
- Twelve Days of Christmas
- Bigger and Better Candy Land
There will be a huge assortment of food and beverage stalls and a fireworks display on New Year’s Eve.
Plus don’t miss Santa. He will be visiting the event daily from 6.30pm until the 24th December.
Also keep an eye out for Mega Creatures, Mega Bugs and Dinosaurs at the Hunter Valley Gardens from the 2nd of January 2016.
This is a magical event to take the kids to and one for the whole family.
I hope that this list helps you know of some great events that are on this time of year and ones that you can take the kids off to for a magical time.
What do you think?