It was very nice to have a break for a week. I didn’t go on holiday; I didn’t really have a break, but it felt like a mental rest to not have to think about what was for dinner as well as not shopping for all the items to go with the meals.
Until the job of deciding what to do for dinner is taken off my plate… see what I did there, a meal pun. I didn’t realise how much organising dinner every night weighed upon me.
It felt like a holiday to have all the decisions made for me (for dinners not everything in the world). You can let HelloFresh pick your meals or you change them to suit your needs.
Things that I loved about HelloFresh:
- No shopping for ingredients
- Gets delivered to your door
- Super easy to follow recipes with portions so that there is no waste
- Very fresh ingredients
- Tasty meals with variety for the week
- Recipes were easy to follow and create – simply match the recipe card to the right colour bag of ingredients.
- Different meals that you normally would never cook
The whole family got involved and cooked a HelloFresh meal each. It was great to see that the kids were excited to take part in what the family was eating for dinner each night.
One thing that I did really like was that the meals were easy to create. No complicated steps or things to do. However, there were some recipes that were quicker to make than others, but no matter the time the meal took to make, the steps were still easy.
A few things we noticed:
- While Hubby was cooking the Chicken & Creamy Peppercorn Sauce he noticed that the sauce took longer to thicken up than the recipe said. The recipe said around 5 or so minutes but it took around 30 minutes to thicken up.
- One of my girls was cooking the Quick Sweet Chilli Beef Stir-Fry and we realised that the way they wanted us to cook the rice didn’t work, so we ended up cooking it the normal way by boiling it in a saucepan.
- We added what we thought was ample olive oil for the marinade mixture, but it needed a bit more as it was too dry.
These were not major issues, and the meal was still easy to create and tasted delicious.
I have never made a Carbonara from scratch before. I always thought it would be complicated. HelloFresh showed me that it is in fact very simple to make.
It was nice to make a meal that I’ve never made before and allow me to have new cooking skills for next time.
At least I will have the HelloFresh recipe card to help me make Creamy Bacon Carbonara again.
Our favourite meals were:
- Quick Sweet Chilli Beef Stir-Fry
- Quick Caribbean Chicken Tacos with Pineapple & Corn Salsa
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara with Pear Salad
So if you are like us and think you could do with some time out making decisions on what to cook for dinner, then HelloFresh can help you.
I have a deal that gives my readers $130 off a HelloFresh meal kit
Offer: Get up to $130 off your first four boxes!
Click here to go to the HelloFresh Discount Deal
What do you think?