We are lucky to live in a city where we can be at a beach or the mountains. A few weeks back (in fact it was Mother’s Day), the kids, hubby, and I decided to take the ferry to Manly. We thought it would be fun to explore and spend the day at the beach.
Even Bark the Dog had fun on the ferry
It was a stunning time on the harbour, the weather was great and it was lovely to have no rain for a day.
I am sure that it rained the next day and didn’t stop. I must say that the constant rain has been hard to live with, so when it was finally good weather we leapt at the chance and embraced the time out.
My little boy had never been on a ferry before, so hubby and I thought it would be extra fun for him and also fun for the older kids too.
Some things we did while we were on our adventure to Manly:
- Obviously, catch a ferry to Manly and back to Circular Quay
- Teach the older kids about the sides and areas of the boat, Port (left), Starboard ( right) Bow (front), and Stern (back).
- Walked around and looked at the shops
- Spent time at Manly Beach
- Had fun with our six-year-old playing on the beach and running away from the waves
- Have an ice cream at Manly Wharf
- On the ferry ride there and back, notice the houses, and boats on the harbour and explain to the kids why the waves get choppier when we get close to the heads (heads that go directly out to sea).
See how a simple ferry trip can be a fun adventure and allow you to explore new areas of your own city. It is also a cheap day out with the kids.
Why not grab fish and chips while you are in Manly and bring your swimmers to enjoy the beach. Hopefully, it will still be warm enough for a swim.
This post has affiliate links
Sign up for my newsletter
Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening. Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One.
What do you think?